This is how it's done
Tests show video people counting achieves over 98% accuracy. This is how it's done anonymously using CCTV or IP-cameras.
- Overhead closed-circuit tevision camera, or IP camera, tracks people's movements.
- Connect your camera to a people counter (or software) to accurately detect and record how many people pass through the counting zone.
- Counters can be connected to existing cameras.
- Data is made available over web browsers, smart phone apps, the Internet-of-Things, Wi-Fi or via Ethernet, RS485, RS232 or LoRaWAN communications.
The people counting hardware - we also offer people counting via virtual machines - a software-only solution
How it Works
- Wide entrances and areas are handled by linking several cameras across the ceiling.
- The embedded video server lets you view live video footage alongside the people counts, so you can accurately verify, and configure, the system over the internet.
- Once set up, counts alone are sent over the network to save bandwidth.
- Replay counting videos for off-site commissioning
- Choose the time period over which counts are measured: every hour or every 5 minutes for example.
- Privacy is maintained - the system knows how many people went where and when, but not who they were. Apart from during set-up, video is not recorded.