Analyse footfall, shopper behaviour and occupancy: improve the customer experience and maximise profits
Monitoring footfall in shopping malls
- Measure footfall through doors, off escalators, out of lifts, down walk-ways and across squares.
- Track visitor movements: where are people going?
- Use across many buildings.
- Count footfall both going past and into each retail unit.
- See which entrances and areas have the most traffic, and at which times of day.
- Measure dwell time and average shopping time.
- Produce heat maps of the most, and least, visited areas.
- Show current occupancy.
- Collect data on, for example, gender and ages of visitors
- Accurate, reliable, counts using cameras and intelligent, networked, counting units
How does Footfall data benefit the Malls?
- The footfall counts inform the rental rates of different areas - optimising income
- The heat maps show how well marketing initiatives have worked, and where are the best locations to place advertising.
- Confirm visitor trends and the most popular times of day. Putting these insights to use and improves the customer experience by having more staff available at popular times of day.
- Tracking customer flow through the mall brings understanding of customer behaviour.
Want to find out more?
We are happy to discuss all kinds of projects. Please contact us directly for a prompt reply
How Footfall Monitoring Works
Use Existing CCTV
Images from your CCTV cameras are fed into our people counting software for analysis and accurate footfall data.
See information in real-time on computer and smartphone dashboards
Our footfall analytics can be made available over the IoT, to combine with other data like weather.
Choose Counting Period
Choose the time over which counts are made, eg every hour or even every 5 minutes.
Tests show video footfall counting achieves over 98% accuracy.